Export License

Export License

Working with thousands of business companies around the world for Ideas

Government agencies can legally let registered enterprises to ship commodities that are normally forbidden by issuing them with an export licence. One of the licences required to do export business in Nigeria is an export licence. Rexobe Consult assists you in obtaining an export licence so that you can begin your exporting career.

This package goes for N30,000

Ready to get started? Click the ‘Chat’ button or this number 08063830956 (available Monday to Saturday, 8am-8pm) to chat directly with one of our friendly Consultants. Alternatively, you can also reach out to us via email at hello@rexobeconsult.com for any inquiries or to begin your consultation process.  

Frequently Ask Questions

The Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) issues export licences, commonly referred to as exporter's certificates, for the export of manufactured goods and agricultural commodities.

There are many benefits of obtaining the exporter’s certificate and they include: it paves way to access certain trade support services such as export incentives, export capacity building programmes, networking exporters for collaboration and exchange ideas and trade linkages. Other benefits include subsidies that lower prices, tax concessions, credit facilities and financial guarantees.

The first step to obtaining the license to carry on export business is by registering on the Council’s E-registration platform. Then, you are to fill in the details of the company seeking the certificate, upload relevant documents and make payment after which an Exporter’s Certificate is issued online.

The products that require an export license include: agricultural products, cosmetic products, building & electric products, solid minerals, packaging products, plastic & rubber products, herbal products, pharmaceutical products, textiles, garments, apparels, spices and so on.

All businesses that intend to export goods need to apply for an export license. They may include limited liability companies, cooperative societies, and government or non-government organizations.

An author's copyright covers a work of literature, art, or music for the duration of their life and for seventy years after their death. The owner of motion pictures, sound recordings, live performances, and other works holds copyright for fifty years after the work was first published. The work is no longer protected and is available for use by anybody after the term of protection ends.

The registration process takes not more than 72 hours depending on the confirmation of payment by NEPC.

The requirements are dependent on the type of organization: Where the organization is a limited liability company, the documents required are as follows: ● Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) ● Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association ● Certified True Copy of Status Report – (Particulars of Directors, Secretary and Shareholders of the company) Where the organization is a co-operative society, the following documents are required: ● Certificate of Registration issued by State Ministry of Commerce, Local Governments and Federal Capital Territory Area Councils ● Bye Laws of the Society Where the organization is either government or non- government, the following documents are required: ● Certificate of Registration issued by Corporate Affairs Commission ● Constitution of the Organization ● Memorandum for Guidance of Applicant

There are certain products are goods that are on the Export Prohibition list and they include: maize, timber, raw hides and skin, scrap metals, artifacts and antiquities, unprocessed rubber latex, wildlife animals (endangered species) and their products.

Carrying out export without obtaining the proper export license is termed illegal, and will expose one to criminal charges.


For More Enquiry!

× Talk to Us